On May 29th, Microsoft announced a partnership with Saleforce.com for an exciting list of new solutions to be developed that will connect Salesforce’s customer relationship management (CRM) apps and platform to Microsoft Office and Windows.
“We are excited to partner with salesforce.com and help customers thrive in a mobile and cloud-first world,” said Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft. “Working together we’ll deliver new solutions that connect the customer insights of Salesforce to the cloud productivity of Office 365, the cloud platform of Azure and the mobility of Windows, so our customers can do more.”
The companies have plans to deliver the following solutions:
- Salesforce1 for Windows and Windows Phone 8.1. Will enable customers to access Salesforce and run their business from their Windows devices. A preview is planned to be available in fall 2014 with general availability in 2015.
- Salesforce for Office 365. New interoperability between Salesforce and Office 365 will give customers access to the content they need to collaborate, sell, service and market from virtually anywhere. Plans include the ability to:
- Access, share, edit and collaborate on Office content from within Salesforce and on Salesforce1 using Office Mobile, Office for iPad and Office 365.
- Use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online as integrated storage options for Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce and Outlook together with a new Salesforce App for Outlook.
- Connect Salesforce data to Excel and Power BI for Office 365 to visualize information and find new insights.
If you would like to hear more details about this partnership, a live audiocast of the conference call can be accessed through Salesforce.com’s Investor Relations website, or Microsoft’s Investor Relations website.
Want to keep up on Salesforce News?
What about learning other tips, tricks, and interesting tid-bits? Join our email list and become one of the cool kids, who is always "in the know". (Your email won't be shared with anybody else)
Have Questions? Leave a comment below. We will get back to you with an answer.
Know someone else who might benefit from knowing what we know? Please share us with your friends.